New NYPL Teen Center: A Safe, Inclusive Space for Young Adults
The new teen center serves as the New York Public Library’s flagship space for young adults to be built throughout the library system over the next five years.
Get can’t-miss family activities sent to you!
Get the Best Family Activities
- a curated selection of books
- a computer lab outfitted with media production software and hardware such as Adobe Creative Suite and 3D printers
- exclusive, teen-only study rooms
- a variety of seating
- job-search and college-readiness programs
- online and in-person courses and workshops
But the center isn't just about life's serious business. There's plenty of fun and recreational services and programs for teens to enjoy including:
- a state-of-the-art recording studio with classes and instruction (great for aspiring musicians or broadcasters!)
- theme nights just for teens and led by teens
- board games and video games
What Teens Need to Know About Using the NYPL Teen Center
Where is the new teen center at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library located?
The NYPL teen center at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library is located at 455 Fifth Ave., Midtown, Manhattan, on the library's lower level.
When is the SNFL teen center open?
The SNFL teen center is open Monday-Thursday, 8am-9pm; Friday, 8am-8pm; and Saturday-Sunday, 10am-6pm.
Is there a fee to use the NYPL teen center?
No, it's completely free.
What are the teen center's current COVID guidelines?
Anyone who enters a NYPL location must wear a mask.
Main photo by Jonathan Blanc / NYPL