10 Tips for an Easy, Quick Move with Children
Get kid-friendly activities sent to you!
Get the Best Kid-Friendly Activities
Sent to You Weekly!
5. Don’t pack important papers and documents into random boxes – Keep documents such as birth certificates, closing papers, credit card information, etc. on hand so you can easily access them at all times, particularly if any documents must be provided to your child’s school district for enrollment.
6. Pack up your child’s favorite belongings in one box – Keep this box with you for your child to open as soon as you move in. This will help to create a familiar place for your child in the new home.
7. Take your children to their favorite places in town – Before you move, make one last trip to your children’s favorite places, whether it be a restaurant, the park, or their favorite toy store.
8. Find a do-it-yourself kid’s art studio – Take your child to paint a piece of ceramic or a blank canvas to hang in their new bedroom to create a sense of excitement for the move.
9. Pick up some fun stickers and let the kids label their boxes – Involving your children in fun ways will help them associate moving as something fun. Additionally, when the boxes head to the new house, they will be able to get excited about finding the ones that belong to them.
10. Unpack your child’s room first – Moving is exhausting for everyone, but organizing your child’s belongings first will help to keep them calm while you unpack the remainder of the house.