111 E. 59th St
The Ethel and Samuel J. LeFrak School and Children's Services Programs at Lighthouse International
A Quality, Fun Preschool with Special Education Services and Universal Pre-Kindergarten for Everyone!
Lighthouse International welcomes boys and girls from two through five years to attend our integrated preschool which is also approved as a Universal Pre-Kindergarten program by the New York City Department of Education.
Children who are visually impaired learn alongside their sighted peers in our preschool for a more enriching educational experience. Our curriculum is designed to maximize learning and growth while children enjoy creative and fun activities, make new friends and discover new experiences in a safe and nurturing environment. A smart, convenient choice: We have a certified, highly trained and nurturing staff, a small teacher-student ratio and reasonable fees.
• An extended-day preschool option, which runs until 5:30 pm
• A maximum of 12 students per 1 teacher and 2 assistants
• Master's Degree level teachers; teachers of the visually impaired; speech, occupational and physical therapists; and music teachers
• Well rounded, fun activities: extensive early childhood curricula, physical education, strong emphasis on literacy, outdoor play area, neighborhood field trips and community outings
• Computers in every classroom, with age-appropriate programs
• Multi-lingual staff
• New Lighthouse Parent Center which offers extensive training, classes, workshops and fun events for all parents of Child Development Center students. The Center is run by a Parent Coordinator, with a high level of decision making by parents from the school's Parent Focus Group.
• Parent Center toy and book lending program
Learn More -- Enroll Today! For additional information, or to make an appointment to visit our facility, call (212) 821-9604 or visit www.lighthouse.org/school