Celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, owner and creator of Elegant Affairs, shares four frightfully delicious Halloween recipes to make hosting a Monster Mash for your kids and their friends easier on you.
Black and Orange Spook Cups
1 qt. (4 cups) cold milk, divided
1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Fudge flavor instant pudding
1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor instant pudding
Red food coloring (a few drops)
Yellow food coloring (a few drops)
10 Oreo Cookies, crushed
1/4 cups Halloween sprinkles
10 glasses (7 oz.)
- Pour 2 cups of the milk into a large bowl. Add dry chocolate pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Spoon evenly into the glasses, filling each glass half way; set aside.
- Add remaining 2 cups milk to separate large bowl and add vanilla pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Stir in red and yellow food coloring until pudding is desired shade of orange; spoon evenly over chocolate pudding layers. Top with crushes cookies.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Top with sprinkles.
Note: Pudding cups can be served frozen: Prepare in plastic or paper cups—NOT glass. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
Candy Corn Spoons
Yogurt or pudding
One mandarin orange, peeled and seperated into slices
A small can crushed pineapple, drained
- Lay spoons out on tray. Place a small dollop of yogurt or pudding on the spoon, close to the edge.
- Next to the yogurt, place a mandarin orange slice, then next to the orange, place some crushed pineapple.
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Ingredients: (makes 2 shakes)
2 cups Vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cream or half-and-half
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
Frosting and sprinkles (or cinnamon and sugar) for glass rims
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until combined.
- Rim glasses with a light coating of frosting then dip in sprinkles. Pour in shake and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Top with whipped cream if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Pumpkin Rice Crispy Treat
1 stick of butter
2 (10 oz.) packages of marshmallows
12 cups crispy rice cereal
1 tsp. yellow food coloring
1/4 tsp. red food coloring
Green decorating icing in tube
Black decorating icing in tube
- In a pot on low heat, melt the butter then stir the marshmallows in until they have dissolved.
- Next, add the food coloring into the mixture and stir until the mixture is a uniform orange color.
- Add crispy rice cereal to the mix, and stir until the cereal is completely coated in marshmallow.
- Shape the mixture into into balls with either your hands or a spoon.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator and leave there until the balls have completely chilled and are firm.
- Once firm, using the black and green icing, decorate your pumpkins with leaves, and add a tootsie roll as your stem.
Andrea Correale is owner and creator of Elegant Affairs, a catering and event planning company serving Manhattan, Long Island, Westchester County, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Elegant Affairs has coordinated events for A-listers including Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, Russell Simmons, Jimmy Fallon, P. Diddy, and the Trumps.
For more Halloween treats, tips, and activities, visit nymetroparents.com/halloween.